General Questions and Answers Regarding XStream Xtra
Installing & Updating XStream Xtra
1. What are the system requirements?
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista, Windows 7
- 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above
- 256 MB of RAM (512MB or above is recommended)
- 50MB for installation only
- Graphic Card Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher
2. Where can I download XStream Xtra
3. Can I install and use my product on several computers?
Yes, you can install your XStream Xtra on several computers, even with only one license key.
Please note that it is not possible to run XStream Xtra on several computers at the same time.
Using XStream Xtra& Troubleshooting
1. I'm using Kaspersky "Internet Security Suite". Why do "Social Radios" not work?
Kaspersky's "Internet Security Suite" blocks access to certain social radios, namely "last.fm".
If you are using the "Internet Security Suite" on your computer, switch if off.
Then please check again whether you can acess the radio's website with your browser software and whether you can use Social Radio functionalities with XStream Xtra.
2. How do I generate log files for troubleshooting?
Creating and sending log files and other technical information is oftentimes the only means for product and support and developers to verify, reproduce and fix functional issues.
The following steps will help us troubleshooting your problem:
- First, install the latest version of XStream Xtra as available for download in number 2 above. Please try to reproduce your problem situation. Does your issue still occur?
- Activate log file generation: Open Options > General and select to Write support information to log files.
- Repeat the steps that lead to your problem.
- If possible, create one or more screenshots which help explain the problem situation. These could e.g. show a displayed error message. To create screenshots, you need a graphics editor like Microsoft Paint.
- Create an info file for your computer system:
- Windows XP: Start > Run... Enter "msinfo32.exe".
- Windows Vista/Windows 7: Click Start. Enter "msinfo32.exe" into the search field.
- Save all displayed system information: File > Save... Choose location (e.g. Desktop) and file name (e.g. "system.nfo").
- A short description of the problem. Also describe the necessary steps to reproduce the problem.
- The log files: Open Options > General. You can now deselect log file creation. Click Open log folder to see all created log files in the file explorer. Create a single ZIP file, including the complete log file folder.
- Add the create info file (e.g. "system.nfo") to the ZIP package.
- If you have created any screenshots, add those to the ZIP package, too.
We will do our best to solve your problem. Thank you for your assistance!